Functie: Feature Engineer / Agile Project Manager (QR7895)
Start: 2-11-2020, 36 uur per week
Periode: 6 mnd+
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Feature Engineer / Agile Project Manager.
Our purpose is to empower engineers to build and run IT. We free the engineer to code for customers.
Well, that probably needs some explanation. In an ever faster changing world, it is important that our engineers can fully focus on delivering new and better customer functionality. We also think that engineers get energy from that. That is why our tribe is trying to make sure that the engineers do not have to spend time on activities that are distracting from adding direct customer value. For example, we develop a cloud platform for our engineers to run applications, while many risk controls are automatically implemented. We created a portal where engineers can share 'engineering journeys', so that no one needs to reinvent the wheel. We help our squads in the Netherlands with organizing their disaster recovery exercises. And last but not least: we drive technical implementations that impact all our IT squads within the Netherlands. For example, we drive the implementation of Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) and the migration towards Active Directory. And we need your help with that!
What you will do:
As our new feature engineer you will be the well-known ‘spider in the web’. You will be the linking pin between the senior management, the DevOps squads and internal application users. We need you to provide a rough overview of steps to take and timelines, report and explain progress to our senior management, tell them where you need their help and thus escalate when needed. At the same time, you will work with their DevOps squads (mostly products owners) and other feature engineers in the various IT domains to make sure things are moving in the right direction. When the squads experience issues they cannot solve themselves and it impacts progress on the initiatives that you drive, they will come to you for help. You do not have to solve it yourself, but you will take it on and make it happen: you will make sure that the issue is solved by involving the right people.
You will be the driver for two initiatives:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) implementation for internally used applications. This initiative has been running for quite some time (>1 year). The current feature engineer on this initiative is doing a great job, but has to leave us in January. He will make sure you are fully up to speed to take over his work. Security and managing risk is of utmost importance, as our customers demand a safe and compliant bank. By working on this assignment you will contribute to the security.
- Migration of applications using our corporate directory. Applications using our current corporate directory have to start using the new Active Directory. This initiative is in startup phase; we start piloting a couple applications in Q4 2020. Expectation is that this initiative will grow in scope during 2021.
As the MFA project is already running and the job comes with quite some responsibility, we want you to start as soon as possible. You will be part of a chapter (team) of 8 Feature Engineers, all working on different initiatives. Nevertheless, we try to bond by having bila's, (virtual) coffee sessions every week, organize learning sessions together during our chapter meetings and do some fun stuff time to time.
When you would be the ideal colleague:
- You have solid experience with IT project management in an agile environment, where you are not the boss but you get things done with building relationships and convincing people.
- You worked with senior managers in a large organization but you are also capable of building a relationship with IT engineers.
- You are not afraid to take the stage and speak for a group.
Do not worry; we know you are (probably) not a super hero. But it would also be great if:
- You are convenient with working relatively individually. Of course you have the support of our chapter and chapter lead if you run into issues, but there is not a large team working closely together on the two initiatives described before.
- You have done some programming work in the past and/or you can demonstrate hands-on IT experience.
- You are proficient in the use of office applications, in particular Powerpoint is something you are good at and enjoy working with (…feel free to show some of your masterpieces).
- You have high level knowledge of the IT landscape and you are motivated to keep learning.
- You are convenient with working from home.
- You have an IT-related university background (Bachelor degree or higher).
- You speak Dutch and English.
Qualogy streeft ernaar om iedere kandidaat binnen 5 werkdagen een persoonlijke reactie te sturen.
Indien de klant een security screening vereist zijn de (eenmalige) kosten hiervan voor eigen rekening.
NOTE: de Qualogy Aanvragen mogen niet zonder toestemming op internet geplaatst worden!!